• You cannot reply to this topic

I have resigned Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tezclarke Icon

• RPS Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: RPS Member
  • LocationStourbridge West Midlands

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Just a note to say goodbye to those person who are members here and who have said theu would help me.

I cannot for the life of me upload images and the more I try the more frustrated I get. I was admitted to the D.I Group and was going to my first meeting in the Midlands Region, but as I am totally unable to contribute to the Society, it is better that I left.

To all of you who are able to do so I wish you much success in your photographic future, I for one am truly disapointed that cannot learn anything from such an outstanding body as the R.P.S

Thank you and Goodbye

Tez

#2 User is offline   Cotswolds Chap Icon

• SOLI DEO GLORIA
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Posttezclarke, on 19 March 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Just a note to say goodbye to those person who are members here and who have said theu would help me.

I cannot for the life of me upload images and the more I try the more frustrated I get. I was admitted to the D.I Group and was going to my first meeting in the Midlands Region, but as I am totally unable to contribute to the Society, it is better that I left.

To all of you who are able to do so I wish you much success in your photographic future, I for one am truly disapointed that cannot learn anything from such an outstanding body as the R.P.S

Thank you and Goodbye

Tez

Tez,

thank you for the time you spent on the board...
I am not sure why there were so many issues with uploading - it is generally a simple process which is being used daily and I know that you had some assistance offered...
Sorry it hasn't worked out - all the best

Alasdair
Personal photos at: www.snipephotos.com

#3 User is offline   SteveW Icon

• RPS Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hi Tez, sorry to hear you're still having problems. I find the "Help" button in the top right-hand corner of the browser window under your name has lots of useful information and how-tos. Perhaps if you had another look there you might find it of use.

Even if you can't get what you hoped for out of this forum, I would still recommend you go to that DIG meeting that you mention, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Perhaps someone there could walk you through the uploading process, just ask if anyone can help.

This post has been edited by SteveW: 19 March 2012 - 05:29 PM
Reason for edit: Typo!

#4 User is offline   jimread Icon

• LRPS
  • View blog
  • Group: RPS Member
  • LocationDerby/Notts Border

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hello Tez,

I tried the pic upload the first time I came on here and I agree its not very good, I did get it to work, but didn't like the result.

What I do and this is what I do on all the other forums I post in is to use TinyPic, Google will find it, you can have an free account there if you want it as well. Anyway you load the pic and TinyPic gives you the code to post into forums like this one.

It also saves the Societies bandwidth and storage capacity by using someones else's :-)

Example;

Posted Image

[edit]If you do a right click on the pic and go to 'Properties' you will see the TinyPic URL.

Jim
"There is more beauty in your own village than can be appreciated in a lifetime". Rembrandt van Rijn
My RPS Blog

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users